It was wet in Wiltshire today. Very wet. And bitterly cold. What started out as a top down day at 5am became a roof up, umbrella up and warm coat and hat day. The grass around Camp corner soon became a swamp and I wished I'd packed an extra pair of trainers rather than cleaning kit and a tonneau cover. 

This is the start of the car show season. A good excuse to catch up with some mates and get some short track time. Thankfully I'd passed on the track sessions for the S2000 as I don't think the weather was suited today. Instead, I ended up passengering on Ryan's maiden track experience in the GTi6. The Toyos held up well on the damp track and after passing a seriously twitchy Clio 172 he soon got into his stride and the car impressed. I could see that I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get my first RWD track action today!

With half a gazebo in the back of Stu's Golf and nowhere to shelter, after watching a half decent drift session (a first for Combe!) we headed south to Bristol to the warmth of the Harvester instead.

All in all a brief day out, but enjoyable despite the weather.

Photos here.
A productive day for the S2000 today, only a few small jobs but nevertheless some more things ticked off the list. Windscreen washers actually point to the windscreen, I've fitted an aerial booster so that I can listen to the radio uninterupted and I've pulled a wire out from under the dashboard which means I can do this...
Roof will now lower on the move with just one click of the handbrake. Not recommended over 10mph but handy for a heavy downpour while crawling through the traffic!
It's that month of the year when you can never completely rely on the weather forecast as everything becomes a bit unpredictable. You can leave home in the sun and arrive in your destination in a monsoon. Just yesterday we had bright sunny spells, sepearated by clouds, drizzle, a heavy downpour and even some hail. Not to mention the wind. All four seasons in 24 hours. But it still doesn't put some of us off. Out to the car park and the lid goes down for the drive home. I managed 18 of the 20 miles in perfect dryness before the clouds broke. At a constant 40+ mph it's really not noticeable as airflow takes the water straight over your head. Only when I pulled onto the drive and the clocks read 0 as I waited for the roof to rise up did I get a drenching. That 8 seconds seems like a lifetime!
Chris enjoying some rainy roof down fun in the MX-5
I am pleased to announce after a week of fiddling and tweaking with various different ideas, the #topalwaysdown website is now live. Well, I'm sure you already worked that out as you're reading it.

If you want to see more of what's in store in the future, have a quick look in the about page.